Things You Should Know
The premium Chinese handset maker, Xiaomi has seriously revolutionised the Indian smartphone scenario and it is not an exaggeration. It entered the phablet segment of smartphone industry with its much lauded Redmi Note series. These handsets came with a price under INR 10,000 and high end features like 4G LTE. Now the brand has launched the third handset in this line up called Redmi Note 3 and from the looks of it, it precedes all the expectations.
Why Should You buy?
- VoLTE: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is one of the first smartphones in budget segment to feature VoLTE. This feature facilitates connecting calls over LTE network, which further enables HD calls.
- Battery: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has been equipped with a 4000 mAh battery unit. While no usage hours has been posted, we can safely assume this battery to last atleast a day and half on a full charge. Moreover, the quick charging feature allows users to charge the device under an hour.
- Infrared: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 must be one of the limited smartphones that still feature Infrared blaster. This feature allows users to use the device as a universal remote for most elecronic appliances.
- Metal Chassis: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 belongs to an exclusive club of budget segment smartphone that feature an all metal chassis. It definitely makes the handset feel more premium than the price tag it comes with.
- Sunlight Display technology: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is the first device to feature brand's Sunlight Display technology, which makes the display legible even under direct sunlight.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is one of the fewer budget smartphones to offer fingerprint scanner in the budget segment.
Why Should You Not buy?
- Slippery: The sleek metal chassis of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 might make it feel more premium but it also tends to make the handset quite slippery. In case you are not opting for a case to protect the device, you are more likely to drop it more than once.
- Prone to dents and marks: Since Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 features an aluminium body, a slight drop aur bump might leave its mark on the softer metal.
- No Corning Gorilla Glass protection: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 surprisingly misses out on the Corning Gorilla Glass layer on the display. Therefore, if you happen to drop your smartphone on a solid surface chances are high that you might end up with a shattered display.
- Heats up: This is a common issue with all metal unibody handsets in the market and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is no exception. Upon prolonged and heavy usage, Redmi Note 3 tends to heat up a lot and as a result, battery drains faster than it should. Also, heating up of the handset causes it to to lag.
- LeTV Le 1s: LeTV Le 1s is the first smartphone to offer metal body and fingerprint scanner in this price segment and it is an obvious alternative to Redmi Note 3. Le 1s matches Redmi Note 3 spec by spec and does not fall back in any department.
Compare Now: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Vs LeTV Le 1s
- Lenovo K4 Note: Lenovo K4 Note also happens to come with identical specifications and in the same price range, which makes it a good alternative. However, it may or may not sit well with many users as it comes with a polycarbonate body instead of metal. We prefer the matte finish on Lenovo K4 Note to Redmi Note 3 as it takes care of the slipping issue.
Compare Now: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Vs Lenovo K4 Note
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question – How much Internal storage space is free? Can Apps be moved to SD card on Redmi Note 3?
Answer – Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes with around 27 GB of user available memory. There are apps to move third party apps to SD card but system apps have to be installed in internal memory only.
Question – Is USB OTG supported?
Answer – Yes, Redmi Note 3 supports OTG
Question – What are benchmark scores of Redmi Note 3?
Answer – Redmi Note 3 scored around 77,592 on Antutu, which is higher than even some of the flagship devices
Question - Does it come giving best results in low light photography.
with Dual Tone LED Flash?
Answer – Yes, the phone has Dual Tone LED Flash for
Question – How is the call quality?
Answer – Since Redmi Note 3 supports VoLTE, it comes with HD call feature. HD call dramatically improves the call quality and reduces connectivity time.
Question – Do both SIM cards support 4G?
Answer – Yes, both SIM cards support 4G connectivity.
Question – Is the battery removable on Redmi Note 3?
Answer – No, the phone comes with a non-removable battery setup.
Question – Does it record Slow motion Videos? What is the highest Video Resolution?
Answer – Redmi Note 3 does capture slow motion videos and the highest video resolution of the phone is 1080p (Full HD).
Question – How is the software?
Answer – This smartphone comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system pre-installed in it. The stock Android is skinned with the latest MIUI 7.2 user interface that has been optimised to get rid of lags encountered on older versions.
Question – Does it support VoLTE?
Answer – Yes, the smartphone does support VoLTE feature.
Question – What comes inside the box of Redmi Note 3?
Answer – Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, 2-pin AC charger, microUSB cable, SIM ejector tool and User manual.